Thursday 6 August 2015

Feminization of Poverty: The Start

                                      Feminization of Poverty
                                                    Day 1
Last week, I attended a conference regarding the feminization of poverty and how this problem continues to undermine the development and growth of women throughout the world. The conference was basically a Model of the UN body 'UNCSW' or the 'United Nation Commission on the Status of Women'. The conference made me realize that the feminization of poverty is a pertinent issue that has to be dealt with immediately if the rights and development of women can be secured.

What captured my attention at the conference was how not only developing nations but even super powers like THE United States of America had extremely high rates of poverty among women in fact every 1 out of 3 women in the USA lived on a less than 1 $ budget.

But before countries I carry on, what does the term Feminization of poverty actually mean?
Well, basically this term describes a  phenomenon in which women represent disproportionate amounts of the worlds poor.

Now that everyone knows what this blog is all about, I would urge all readers to continue reading all my posts related to the causes, conditions and solutions to this problem in my upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment